Featured Post

My burns and the struggles I"ve faced with my leg - Pt. 4

April 17, 2015 - I arrived at the University Hospital in Iowa City from Windmill Manor care facility at 5:15am. I was a good boy. I needed to be up on the 6th floor to check in. Part of me wanted to go buy some candy bars and pop before hand so I would have them after surgery. But I didn't do that. I took the elevator straight up to where I was suppose to go and waited.

It didn't take long for them to call me back to pre-op area. Once I was there it took a bit for them to actually take me into surgery. I kept hoping they would put me to sleep before wheeling me into the operating room but they didn't. They had to ask a bunch of questions once in the operating room. Finally they hooked up the IV and that was the last thing I remembered.

I awoke the first time in the recovery room around 11:30ish if I remember correctly. I had three blankets on top of me and something very heavy seemingly covering my left leg. When I woke up a bit later I managed to get a better look at what was on my leg. It turned out to be two pillows clamped together around my leg. These pillows are to help cushion and protect my graft area. These pillows also help elevate my leg.






My left leg didn't hurt but for some reason my right hip and thigh area felt like it was on fire. This puzzled me because I expected that feeling to be a bit lower. I learned later they not only took the graft from my upper thigh they also took it from my lower hip area. This whole area felt as if it I had a very sever sunburn.


As you can see from the above picture there seems to be plastic wrap. That is kind of correct. I will let you do your own research on what all this is about. I can tell you that as sore as it looks it doesn't hurt when I touch it. Over the next few days and week it will start looking better and less bloody.

According to the doctor I am bed rest until Monday. After that we'll see what happens. I'll type more later since right now I'm fighting sleep. Pain pills are so making me tired. I love those pain pills. Morphine is  my new best friend. LOL








No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Please feel free to check out some of my other blog post on "We the People are Confused" - Also right here on Blogger.

Also look for my http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/25100/bird_named_jeff.html

Would to invite you to follow this blog or any of the others and get updates as I post them.
Thank you and God Bless